I received a few emails about people not being available on Sunday, August 17th. Although we would love people to be, you can certainly donate toward our goal if you cannot come. Please feel free to send the information to other friends and relatives as well.
CPE II has partnered with Phys Ed Plus (PEP) to provide a physical education program for our students for the 2014-15 school year. PEP trained instructors will work with our students in the gym to provide quality PE instruction.
The goals of the Phys Ed Plus in-school program for students are as follows:
• Engage in a physical education integrated learning process.
• Develop age-appropriate movement skills aligned with the NASPE guidelines.
• Meet the daily requirements for physical education set forth by NYDOE.
• Be exposed to new ways of maintaining a healthy lifestyle
The total cost for the CPE II program this year will be $21,600.00. PEP is using $4,500 from an American Heart Association grant toward the cost, leaving us to pay $17,100.00.
PEP has coordinated a Family 5K fundraiser to help participating schools raise funds to pay for the program. Cause Runs will be hosting Phys Ed Plus’s Second Annual 5K Race on Sunday, August 17, 2014 starting at 8:30AM in Riverside Park Manhattan. It is a super-fast, flat course that starts and ends by the café (103rd Street and Riverside Drive)! Come out to run, jog, walk or just enjoy the great experience and root for our runners! Kids under 12 FREE. Parents that sign up for the race can register KIDS FOR FREE on race day!
Eric Rosenthal and Debbie Meyer (Isaac’s parents) are doing the running. You are welcome to participate. You can run, walk, cheer or support with a small (or big) donation. (See details below.)
The PEP Family 5K will be held on Saturday August 17 in Riverside Park at 103rd Street and Riverside Drive. Registration is from 8:30-9:30 am. The race begins promptly at 10:00am.
Here’s what you can do to help secure a physical education program at CPE II:
1. Participate in the run. Several of our parents have already created a team and are training for the run. We would love you to join in. Here is the link so that you can register: http://www.causeruns.com/races/pep5k/
2. Donate. If you are not able to run/walk, you can make a donation. Here is the link to the fundraising page: https://www.crowdrise.com/PEP5K2014. Be sure to click on CPE II Run for Phys Ed Plus icon.
3. Spread the word. Share the crowdrise link with family, friends, neighbors to give them the opportunity to help bring a phys ed program to CPE II.
If you would like more information about PEP and the work they do, here is a link to their site:http://physedplus.org/index.html
Thank you in advance for your support!
Thanks, as always
Main Office: 212-860-5992 -- Address: 19 E. 103rd St, New York, NY 10029, 4th Floor
Copyright © 2012 - Central Park East II