This is for campers. However, it is going to all 4th and 5th graders, because we don’t have a separate email list.
The staff at the Taconic Outdoor Education Center is very eager for our arrival on Monday morning. Here are some important tips/things you need to know:
· Arrive at CPE at 7:00AM on Monday morning. Buses are planning to be loaded and taking off at 7:30AM.We will not wait for latecomers!
· We will be stopping at the Stony Kill Farm before arriving at Taconic. All students MUST bring a bagged lunch (no reusable bags, please) to eat at the farm.
· Electronics WILL be allowed on the bus, and then collected at camp. They will get them back when back on the bus on Wednesday.
· If your child requires meds, bring them in their original prescription bottle and hand them to Matt at the bus on Monday morning. He will be collecting them.
· Cell phone reception is not great at camp. Do NOT expect to hear from your child while they are away. Teachers will communicate with Naomi about arrivals/departure, and relay all messages along to the 4th/5th grade families.
· The weather for the few days in Cold Spring, NY looks warm(ish) but potentially wet. Please pack accordingly. Refer to packing sheet that went home with the initial applications. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR CHILD IS READY FOR WET WEATHER.
· We plan to be back at CPE II between 2 and 3 on Wednesday. Naomi will keep you posted of our progress (hopefully traffic will be ok, given it’s the start of the holiday).