CPE II Has an active and highly involved Parents’ Association. The CPE II PA is a 501(c)(iii) non-profit organization, which makes your donations to the PA Tax-deductible. The PA meets once per month, alternating between in-person meetings at the school in the morning after student drop-off, and evening meetings. The PA is open to all CPE II Parents – strong parent involvement is what makes our school so great.
The PA helps organize fundraising efforts such as the CPE II Fall Fair, the Contribution Drive, Grant Writing, merchant donations, and more. Please join us in the PA to improve our children’s school.
2017 – 2018 PA Meeting Dates:
- September 15th 8:30 am at lower school 19 E. 103rd St.
- September 27th 6 pm at middle school 1615 Madison Ave (108th St)
- October 13th 8:30 am at lower school 19 E. 103rd St.
- November 1st 6 pm at middle school 1615 Madison Ave (108th St)
- December 8th at 8:30 am at lower school 19 E. 103rd St.
- January 17th 6pm at middle school 1615 Madison Ave (108th St)
- February 2nd 8:30 am at lower school 19 E. 103rd St.
- March 21st 6 pm at middle school 1615 Madison Ave (108th St)
- April 13th at 8:30 am at lower school 19 E. 103rd St.
- May 2nd at 6 pm at middle school 1615 Madison Ave (108th St)
- Jun 1st at 8:30 am at lower school 19 E. 103rd St.
Executive Board Positions
- Organize and delegate responsibilities, and encourage active participation in school events
- Attend and lead PA meetings once per month
- Organize and lead pre-meeting planning calls with exec board to decide agenda and issues for upcoming school-wide PA meetings
- Mandatory member of School-Leadership Team (meets 1x/month)
- Arrange quarterly meetings with PA exec board and principal/administration of school
- Maintain & record sign-in sheet for all meetings
- Record minutes for all meetings and then publish in email form for review and distribution
- Maintain updated copy of bylaws
- Responsible for funds and finances of PA
- Present a Treasury report at monthly PA meetings that should include income, reimbursements, expenditures & opening/closing balance over the last month
- Prepare and present interim financial reports to community and principal in January and June
- Allow access to all financial records to any CPE2 parent or PA member who requests
- File taxes for PA
VP of Parent Services
- Ensure that class parents are selected (done by teachers/admin) by end of September
- Communicate with class parents and encourage engagement in grade and school-wide events. Help mobilize volunteers for events
- Re-inforce important PA updates (initially done by communications)
- Answer general questions of parents regarding school events, culture, etc. Help connect parents with specific questions to correct people to contact
- Maintain “anonymous suggestion box” and respond to suggestions, ideas, etc
VP of Communications
- Responsible for communication to CPE2 community regarding PA updates, school-wide events, volunteers opportunities
- Maintains updated school handbook (on website)
VP of Middle School
- Ensures that middle school concerns brought up and addressed as needed in PA meetings
- Recruits middle school families to participate in school-wide events.