- School Advocacy
- Social Justice
- Creating Compassionate Communities
- Parent Communication/Engagement
- Physical Activity – 3 After School clubs have started
- 5th grade basketball
- Middle school Basketball
- Running Club
- Grant written and received to build a greenhouse
- Greenhouse is greenlighted by Division of School Facilities
Creating Compassionate Communities
- Restorative Practices have been implemented in some cases
- Jessie Klein has started the parent empathy group
- Parent welcoming committee is started and has started to reaching out to new parents
- Handbook is done and is being reviewed by Naomi,
- Parent Communication – is still a work in progress, in some cases, communication has gotten better but we still have some work to do.
- Alissa will create a parent engagement survey
Website – The cost of the vendor to build a site was more than we wanted to spend, we need to look at some other school websites and see who does their sites. There is a mom who has website experience, Alissa will reach out to her.
- Brooklyn New School
- Ella Baker
- We need to start the letter writing campaign for a new building, we need to organize the feedback from the staff for campaign.
- Still trying to work on the Friends of CPE II 5013 (c)
- Matt to create a survey around teacher interests/challenges/obstacles in social justice areas.
- Need to reach out to Jessie Klein for updates on Empathy
- Batia is creating a survey to get parent feedback on the programs that are offered in the school. This data will be used by the staff in their discussion assessing the programs.