What are your school hours?
For the 2017-18 School year, our school hours are 8:20 am to 2:40 pm.
How early can my child arrive to school?
We have morning recess that begins at 7:40 am – 8:00 am. On rainy days they will be brought into the cafeteria. Free breakfast is served from 8:00 am – 8:18 am.
Do you provide lunch?
CPE II provides universal free breakfast and lunch. Students can either pack their own lunch or eat the school lunch. Our PK is the only class that has lunch in their classroom.
Do you have school buses? Metro Cards?
Yes, CPE II has school buses. K-5 students are eligible for the school bus or metro cards based on the distance they live from the school. 6 – 8th grade students may be eligible for full fare or half fare metro cards. Our school buses do not service students that live outside of districts 4, 5 and 3.
Do you have after school?
CPE II has partnered with El Taller Latino to provide a Spanish influenced after school program. The after school hours are from 2:40 to 5:30pm. CPE II students from PK – 5th grade are eligible to enroll in our after school program. Every day students will have time to complete their home practice, have a snack, and have art, music and dance on alternating days as well as time to play in the gym or school yard. The weekly rate is about $65 per week per child.
Do you offer language?
CPE II does not offer language in the elementary school, 8th graders do receive language instruction. We have a full time gym teacher, full time art teacher, full time science teacher and full time library staff. Every class receives each of these specials at least one day a week.
How big are your classes?
- CPE II has one PK class, with 18 students.
- We have 2, K classes of 22 students each.
- 2 First grade classes of 24 students.
- 2 Second grade classes of 25 students each.
- 2 Third grade classes of 24 students each.
- 2 Fourth grade classes of 26 – 28 students each.
- 2 Fifth grade classes of 26 – 28 students each.
- 2 Sixth grade classes of 26 – 28 students each.
- 2 Seventh grade classes of 26 – 28 students each.
- 1 Eighth grade class of 30 students.
What is the adult to child ratio in each class?
The number of adults vary depending on a variety of factors. General Education classes have a single teacher. Integrated Co-Teaching (ICT) classes have two teachers, one general education and one special education. Our pre-K class has an assigned para. Depending on students needs, and IEP mandates, paras are assigned to classes. Currently all Kindergarten and 1st grade classes have assistant teachers assigned.
How do I apply to CPE II?
If you are applying to PK
, the application process is completely through the Department of Education. The DOE determines first round offers to CPE II for PK and K.
Kindergarten Admissions Priorities:
- District 4 students whose siblings will be enrolled in grades K-5 in the school in September 2018.
- District 5 students whose siblings will be enrolled in grades K-5 in the school in September 2018.
- Students who reside outside of District 4 and 5 whose siblings will be enrolled in grades K-5 in the school in September 2018.
- Students residing in District 4 or District 5, who currently attend the school’s pre-kindergarten program.
- Students who reside outside of District 4 and 5 who currently attend the school’s pre-kindergarten program.
- District 4 students, other than those in (1) and (4) above.
- District 5 students, other than those in (2) and (4) above.
- Students residing outside of District 4 and 5, other than (3) and (5) above
Please Note: Pre-K admission priorities are the same except for #4 & 5.
Admissions for grades other than PK, K, and 6th
For grades other than PK and K, we encourage you to take a tour of the school. After the tour, you can fill out an application (applications are not available on-line). We make offers to incoming students based on space availability. We begin making our 1st-5th and 7th & 8th grade offers in late July, August and into September.